Horses & Tack
Monthly Horse & Tack Sales
First Monday of the Month
June Horse Sale
Monday, June 1st, 2020
Sale will start at 9:00 AM!
All Breed Horse & Pony Sale
** There will NOT be a tack & equipment sale this month **
*** Only active buyers/sellers should attend the sale. No spectators or children 16 years and younger. Do not attend if you feel ill, have a fever, cough or respiratory issues. Those who attend do so at their own risk. Please be mindful and respectful of staff and those in attendance. If you are interested in purchasing a cataloged horse, but cannot be in attendance please contact our office prior to day of sale at 319-656-2222. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. ***
11) Belgian Gelding: Sorrel. 4 Year Old. Work horse, used in the fields.
31) Belgian Mare: “Pearl” 12 Year Old. 16.2 HH. Well broke, but slow.
32) Belgian Gelding: “Dan” Blonde. 24 Year Old. 16 1/2 HH. Used seasonally for 15 years pulling wagons at the tree farm.
33 & 34) Team Belgian Geldings: Red Sorrel. 14 Years Old. 1/2 Brothers. Broke for anything you want to do. Stand and hitch good.
35) Belgian Mare: 15 Year Old. Safe.
62 & 63) Team Belgian Geldings: Red Sorrel. 7 & 8 Year Old. Well broke. Been in parades, farm work, etc.
75) Belgian Mare: 19 Year Old. Broke.
76) Belgian Gelding: 9 Year Old. Willing worker. Windy.
77) Belgian Mare: Smooth Mouth. Exposed to a Pullingbred Stallion.
8) Percheron Gelding: Black. 7 Year Old. Broke.
13) Percheron Gelding: Black. 12 Year Old. 17 HH. Broke real good, single and double.
22 & 23) Team Percheron Geldings: “Ike” & “Jack” White. Foaled: January 2003 & January 2002. 16 1/2 HH. Used for hay rides last summer and wagon rides at Christmas.
28) Percheron Filly: Black, Large Star. Yearling. Halter broke.
29) Percheron Filly: Black. Yearling.
30) Percheron Mare: Grey. 13 Year Old. 17 HH. Good broke.
66 & 67) Team Percheron Mares: “Bonnie” & “Bell” Black. Smooth Mouth. 16.3 HH. Full Sisters. Women and children ride and drive them. Kind, quiet and gentle.
Cataloged Crossbreds & Special Breed:
9 & 10) Percheron cross Geldings: Grey. 2 Years Old.
If you missed out on the opportunity to purchase a Dodd’s family colt last February, here is your chance! The following 26 colts are consigned by the Dodd’s family of Alberta, Canada. The Dodd’s family has been raising Draft and crossbred colts for over 25 years. They’ve had great success with their colts going on to become great riding, driving and pack horses. All colts have been well cared for, on good feed and have been wormed and deloused. They’ve been through the colds and distemper and are very healthy.
12) Belgian Quarter cross Mare: Sorrel, Strip. 2 Year Old. Broke to lead.
20 & 21)Team Percheron Morgan cross Mares: “Bess” 2 Year Old. “Betty” 3 Year Old. Black, Small White Dot on Forehead. 15.3 HH. Full Sisters. All purpose team. Used to haul manure, put out hay and have been used on the disc. Have also been in the buggy.
24) Haflinger Stud Colt: Blonde, Star, Stripe, White Mane & Tail. Yearling. Will be the tall, chunky type.
25) Belgian Paint cross Gelding. Sorrel & White Paint. 2 Year Old. Broke to lead.
64) Draft cross Gelding: Bay. 11 Year Old. Broke to all farm machinery.
65) Percheron Belgian cross Stud Colt: Black, Star, White Foot. Yearling. Out of a Pullingbred mare. Halter broke.
68) Percheron Quarter cross Gelding: Grey. 7 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
69) Belgian Quarter cross Gelding: Sorrel. 7 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
70) Percheron Quarter cross Gelding: Bay. 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
71) Percheron Quarter cross Mare: Black. 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
72) Shire Quarter cross Mare: Black. 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
73) Belgian Haflinger cross Gelding: 2 Year Old.
74) Haflinger Stud Colt: Yearling.
78) Percheron Gypsy cross Mare: “Bella” Black & White. 12 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive. Has been turned out for the last 3 years. Big and pretty.
79) Percheron Friesian cross Mare: Black, Small Star. 2 Year Old. 16 HH. Well started.
80) Percheron STBD cross Gelding: Dark Bay. 12 Year Old. Well broke to all farm machinery. Willing worker, goes all day. Broke to the buggy. TSS.
86) Morgan Dutch cross Mare: “Connie” Black, Two White Socks. 3 Year Old. 15.3 HH. Out of a Registered DHH Stallion and Registered Morgan Mare – Bar Y’s Delinda (Bar Nothing Dandy out of Zac’s Sweet Misty). Excellent driving prospect. Lots of natural motion.
81 & 82) Team Morgan Mare & Gelding: Bay. 15 Year Old Gelding. 16 Year Old Mare. Full Brother & Sister. Very good broke. Been in Parades, Wagon Trains, etc.
83) 1/4 Belgian 3/4 Morgan Gelding: Dark Sorrel. 3 Year Old. 16 HH. 100% TSS. Good surrey horse.
84) Dutch STBD cross Gelding: “Rex” Dark Bay, Star, Two White Socks. Sire: Deacon (DHH). Dam: “Daisy” (STBD Morgan cross). Nice size. Good buggy prospect.
85) STBD Pony cross Gelding: Bay. 11 Year Old. TSS. Anybody can drive him.
87) Chestnut Mare: Blaze, 2 White Socks. 10 Year Old. 54.” Kid broke to ride and drive. A babysitter! Our 6 year old boy rides her. Exposed to 1/2 Friesian “Black Hawk” 1/2 STBD “International Chip.” Will be preg. checked at sale.
88) Morgan STBD cross Gelding: Bay. Coming 6 Year Old. Green broke.
89) STBD Mare: Riven Hanover 1CD59. Bay. Foaled: 3/5/05. Sire: The Panderosa. Sire of Dam: Presidential Ball. Nice looking, up headed. We have had two colts with her, by Broadway Hall and Way Up North.
90) STBD cross Gelding: Red, Star. Broke single. TSS.
91) Dutch STBD cross Mare: 4 Year Old. Driving Mare.
92) STBD cross Gelding: Bay, 3 White Socks. 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
93) Registered Morgan Gelding: Y’s Choice President #195272. Black. 2 Year Old. Hidden Y’s Fame out of Bar Y’s Delinda. Both parents bred by Enos Yoder, Westcliffe, CO. Fame is a full brother to Grunden Ranch’s Hidden Y’s Special Flaire. Excellent Morgan prospect.
94) Driving Horse: Bay. 12 Year Old.
95) DHH Pony cross Gelding: Black, Star, Four Whites. 7 Year Old. 57.” Sharp! TSS. School children have been driving him.
Cataloged Saddle Horses, Mules & Ponies:
100) Quarter Horse Gelding: “Diamond” Sorrel. 23 Year Old. 15.2 HH. Very well broke. Trail rode in Colorado and Montana. 6 Years ago he was used as a security mount at the Iowa State Fair. Good, solid horse. Easy keeper. Beginners horse.
102) Registered AQHA Mare: “Rio” JKK Bootscootinboggy #5221389. Bay. Foaled: 5/26/09. 14.2 HH. Sire: Super Smooth Gem #3304617 by Mr Super Smooth #1192498. Dam: Poco Rey Rio #4155812 by King Pistol San #2707414. Bloodlines going back to Mr Smooth Jet, Sunday’s Charmer, Pepo Sam and Poco Mani. Trail rides great. Trailers, saddles and mounts well. Advanced beginner to intermediate rider. Has never offered to buck. Been to the mountains.
107) Quarter cross Gelding: “Ben” Bay Dun. 13 Year Old. Approx. 15.1 HH. Trail ridden extensively. Crosses anything, climbs steep, sure footed, through traffic and along highways. Lots of speed and very quick. Started heeling horse, a little chargey, no buck no rear. Loads and unloads easy. Stands for farrier. Coggins and teeth floated 4/30/20.
133) Paint Gelding: “Taz” Sorrel & White Overo. 15 Year Old. 15.1 HH. Been ridden by an intermediate rider. Great on trails. Been to fun shows. Neck reins, ties good. Good for the vet and farrier. UTD on shots, recently had teeth floated, trimmed and front shoes on.
117) Registered AQHA Gelding: TRS Just Like Mike “Mikey” 5595675. Bay, Star, Strip, Snip, Left Foresock and Right Hind Sock. Foaled: 4/7/14. 15.3 HH. Sire: Just Amazing Jess 4675376 by Feature Mr Jess 3763073. Dam: TRS Candys Cash 4412338 by Hot Shot Dash 3318696. Bloodlines going back to: Mr Jess Perry, Special Leader, Dash For Cash and Easy Jet.
116) Molly Mule: “Fancy” Bay, Black Mane & Tail. Foaled: 5/3/13. 14 HH. 7 year old, green broke, molly mule. Been there, done that. One of those animals you have to gain her trust. Loves kids and attention. First at the gate. Needs an experienced rider. Bar bred. Super cowey. Has a hard and fast spin. Can go in any direction. Only been trail rode.
112) Registered Mini Jenny: “Zoey” SL’s E-16963. Dark Brown. Foaled: 6/6/18. 29.” Sire: Good Spot Glo LN 65623 by Dark Glo LN 45702. Dam: Tiny Chelcy GP 60144 by Tiny Ticket GJR 49748. UTD on shots and worming.
113) Registered Mini Jenny: “Velvet Glo” SL’s E-16962. Dark Brown. Foaled: 6/16/18. 31.” Sire: Good Spot Glo LN 65623 by Dark Glo LN 45702. Dam: Allure N&D’s Lonestar 62081 by Love Bandit N&D’s Lonestar 54047. UTD on shots and worming.
114) Registered Mini Jack: “Domino” SL’s A-17209. Brown & White Spotted. Foaled: 6/24/19. 27.” Sire: Good Spot Glo LN 65623 by Dark Glo LN 45702. Dam: Allure N&D’s Lonestar 62081 by Love Bandit N&D’s Lonestar 54047. UTD on shots and worming.
115) Registered Mini Jack: “Storm” SL’s A-16964. Dark Brown. Foaled: 8/28/18. 33.” Sire: Good Spot Glo LN 65623 by Dark Glo LN 45702. Dam: Quilted Rose Lucky Star’s 52509 by Perry D. Heiken’s Ark 33564. UTD on shots and worming.
103) Mare Pony: Black. 4 Year Old. 48.” Broke to ride and drive.
96) Gelding Pony: “Sparky” Black & White. 42.” The older school children ride and drive him. Not a babysitter.
138) Mini Mule Gelding: Brown. 38.” 7 Year Old. Broke good to ride and drive.
97) Mare Pony: “Beauty” Red Sorrel, Strip, Four White Socks, White Mane & Tail. 13 Year Old. 48.” Broke really good for the kids to ride and drive.
98) Morgan Welsh Pony cross Mare: Coming 6 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
104) Mini Mare Pony & Filly: Grey, White Mane & Tail. 4 Year Old. 27.” Broke to ride and drive. Filly at side. Bred back to the same Stallion.
105) Gelding Pony: “Captain” Black. 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
124) Gelding Pony: “Buddy” 3 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive.
106) Registered AQHA Mare: Bay. 4 Year Old. 15.3 HH. Started.
134) Gelding Pony: “Marty” Brown & White. 2 Year Old. 44.” Broke to ride and drive. School pony prospect.
121) Quarter Horse Gelding: Appaloosa. 10 Year Old. Broke to ride.
122) Quarter Horse Gelding: Grey. 11 Year Old. Broke to ride.
123) Quarter Horse Mare: Sorrel. 2 Year Old. 60 Days riding. Been on the farm, up and down the road and through the trails.
137) Quarter Percheron cross Gelding: Grey. 8 Year Old. We’ve owned him for 4 years. Rode a lot. Drive single or double. Used on the farm, haul manure, mow/rake hay, etc.
120) Paint Mare: “Bristol” Sorrel & White. 16 Year Old.
139) Paint Gelding: “Nutter Butter” Sorrel & White. 16 Year Old. Well broke.
135) POA Gelding: “Buster” White, Darker Tail. 4 Year Old. 50.” Broke to ride and drive.
111) Tennessee Walker cross Mare: “Nellie” Black Bay, Strip, 4 White Socks. 4 Year Old. Green broke.
143) Gelding Pony: Paint. 4 Year Old. 37.” Kid broke to ride and drive. Very gentle.
142) Mare Pony: Bay Tobiano. Quiet and gentle. Good with kids. Broke to ride. She has a touch of founder, should be on a dry lot.
101) Quarter Horse Mare: “Sally” Chestnut. 10 Year Old. Trail rode and used around cattle.
109) John Mule: “Jethro Beaudine” Sorrel. 6 Year Old. Big, pretty mule that rides nice.
118) Quarter Horse Mare: “Cara” Sorrel. 6 Year Old. Trail ridden. Broke and gentle.
127) Mare Pony: “Black Beauty” Black. 6 Year Old. Cute and gentle. The kids play with her all the time.
133) Quarter Horse Mare: “Penny” Sorrel. 10 Year Old. Trail rode. Gentle and cute.
137) John Mule: “Cletus” Brown. 15 Year Old. Coon hunted and trail rode.
144) John Mule: “Jed” Black, Four White Legs. 8 Year Old. Broke to ride and drive. Trail rode and coon hunts.
129) Registered Quarter Horse Gelding: Critter Bonus “Critter” 5344055. Sorrel. Foaled: 7/22/10. Sire: Lakota Chazzie 3539399 by Hustling Hand 2268685. Dam: Chocolate Bar Kitty 3857197 by Azure Pool 1783274. Bloodlines going back to: Master Hand, Chicks Charger Bar, Indi Goes and Mr Roma Jet. Critter is a 10 year old, all around ranch horse. He is sorrel and easy on your eyes. Critter will make a great addition to your barn!
140) Registered Quarter Horse Gelding: Zigs A Legend 4874109. Sorrel. Foaled: 5/4/06. Sire: Zippy Dandy 2738216 by Zippo Pine Bar 0617456. Dam: Chiminos Choice 3769702 by Chimino 2763933. Bloodlines going back to: Zippo Pat Bars, Windchester, Sonny Dee Bar and Junipers Doc Bar. All around ranch horse.
145) Spotted Gelding Pony: “Sunny” Grey. 4 Year Old.
131) Registered AQHA Mare: Sheza Blazing Lady 4629678. Sorrel, Star, Strip, Snip, Left Hind Stocking. Foaled: 4/30/04. Sire: Blazing Hot 3073506 by Hotrodders Jet Set 1520785. Dam: RJR Grand Lady 2734593 by Nicks Tardy Son 1210957. Bloodlines going back to: Doc’s Hotrodder, Zippo Pine Bar, Nicky Skip and Tardy’s Cowboy Too. Broke to ride.
148) Mare Pony: Black. 3 Year Old. Approx. 34.” Broke to ride and drive. Stands at hitch and at corners. Been on the road. Not for beginners.
149) Gelding Pony: Chocolate, Light Mane & Tail. 3 Year Old. Approx. 33.” Very well broke to ride and drive. Traffic safe.
* No Tack or Equipment for the June 1st Horse Sale *
Horse Sale only Starting at 9 AM for June 1st
* Please adhere to Sale Restrictions listed at top of page *
Monthly Horse and Tack sales are held the first Monday of the month. Tack sale starting at 8:30 AM in the East Ring; Saddles and Harness will sell at 10:00 AM. Horse sale starting at 11:00 AM in the West Ring.
Tack Check in:
Monday Starting at 6:30 AM
Horse Check in:
Sunday 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Monday starting at 5:30 AM
All horses require a current original negative coggins. This should be presented to the check in office at time of check in. Copies will not be accepted. Federal lab on site to run coggins day of sale at $30.00 per riding horse and $15.00 per unrepresented horse. All riding and lead in horses must sell with a halter and lead rope to go with the buyer.